Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 207, Messages: 2483

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

69+ old :)

el_Batoviejo
el_Batoviejo
United States
2024/07/25, 06:34 PM
I am what they call: a Senior Citizen, 
I join a club about 2 years ago and have taken workout seriously. 
4 Days a week, 2 on 1 off 2 on, During the weekdays.  I average 4-5 hours each workout.
That includes Stretching and Dancing Salsa for 1 hour, then machines and free weights.2-3 hours followed
by a few laps of swimming. 
   I've tried different (lots) workout apps but I like Freetrainers.
   The one thing I can't seem to find is workout plans for Seniors, anywhere...
My workout starts at 5 AM till 8-9 AM

Also, Whey Protein Powder... I do one scoop before I start (30 Min.) and 1 scoop after Workout. 
is this good?
Ps: I am a Type 2 Diabetic and Liver Problems but APPI...
MAC, el Batoviejo  (the Old Dude)
DaddyPower
DaddyPower
Ireland
2024/08/18, 09:51 AM
Hi there,
I have been a member here for quite a long time but havent really used the site at all for the last 10 years or so. 
I'm 61 now and returned to get myself back in shape since i always found this to be a very helpful and active community in the past but am actually very surprised to see whta appears to be very little activity. I see some recent posts but very little interaction with them. 
I came here expecting to find the usual support and help but to be honest after looking around I not very hopeful. The exercise plans are all there with all the usual automated resources but it seems real bodies are not so easy to find.

I'm afraid I'm not much use to you for advice on the Whey Protein but I thought I'd say hi and good luck with you workouts! Though by the sound of things you've been doing just fine. But one more voice of support nevert hurt!

Keep it up and as we say in ireland "may the road rise to meet you andf thew sun be always to your back."

Liam (The only slightly less Old Dude)
el_Batoviejo
el_Batoviejo
United States
2024/09/05, 02:31 PM
thank you,
After I read your response I thought about Corn Beef and Cabbage, one of my few Favorite Dishes.
Then my Wifa said Tuesday " You know we haven't had that meat with Cabbage, what's it called? Ha ha haaa